søndag den 22. november 2009

fit for a fortnight

Says she's 21, shes probably 16
Got a dirty mouth
At least her teeth are clean
Jack from Tennesee
Makes me think that every girl I see
Is my cup of tea The Holloways
Another weirdly well-balanced weekend, ohoy. Friday we went to the theatre to see the Henrik Ibsen play "A Doll's House" at the folk theatre. It was quite nice, except it was like they'd tried to create a 'modern version', with cell-phones and Desigual dresses appearing here and there on the stage, but somehow it didn't quite stick.
When the play was over, almost everybody wanted to go home, or go to this party thrown by a close friends' exboyfriend, so Sofia, Christina, and I decided instead to go drink some liquorice shots on the doorsteps of Copenhagen. We ended up running around oustide the Tivoli-area in a big chain with a guy called Sam, making people join in streetdances and tripping over homeless Italians.
I woke up distressed, after a very off-putting dream, had a shower, and went back into the city to babysit my cousin Eileen. We ate caramel chew chew, drank too much green tea and watched an excessive amount of musicals - I fell asleep first, defeated.
On my way home this morning, I stopped at the Central Station for coffee (my favourite 7-11 guy always stamps my card twice, bless him) and fell over the most magnificent 5 albums for 100 kr (app. $20) sale. Hurray for other people not appreciating my music, have a nice Sunday out there. My personal must-hears;
"Hell Yeah/and if you don't believe in Hell/
c'mon and just yell yeah" Yell Yeah!
"You know London will kill her/you can't let
the smoke have it's way" Most Lonely Face
"You can't fool me Dennis/knock me in a
cocked hat/you always played with a
straight bat" You Can't Fool Me Dennis
"Heal, why don't you heal/killing the doctor/
it's real, it's almost real" Killing the Doctor
and track # 6, Interlude in F Major.
"You better cry hard/cause I'm the
worst and the best right through this"
Demons (Are a Girl's Best Friend)

1 kommentar:

lindy/ sagde ...

I have never heard of any of those albums, but you found them on the cheap so I am happy for you, nonetheless.
I love the word nonetheless. Coz it's three words all smushed together. Ahh, the beauty of English.